Our regular date is :
- the third Saturday of every month at Coggeshall
Keep that date free!
reel picture house is your own community cinema. Located in Coggeshall's Village Hall in Stoneham Street it is at the heart of this vibrant community. Once a month reel picture house shows films at Coggeshall Village Hall with doors opening at 6.30pm and the film starting at 7.30pm.
The cinema has a large screen, ensuring all seats have an excellent view.
Tickets for Coggeshall are available in advance from "The Normans" sweet shop in Stoneham Street, Coggeshall.
All tickets are competitively priced at £8. Under 18s (classification permitting) must be accompanied by an adult.
reel picture house offers a sophisticated cinematic night out. Unlike other cinemas, we have tables and chairs and we give you the opportunity to meet up with friends, to have a drink, a meal and socialise before the film. With an intermission half way through the film you can stretch your legs and refresh your glass. We have a fully licensed bar, with beer from the local Red Fox Brewery, a selection of wines and a wide selection of premium soft drinks. (So whether it's your turn to drive or not, you are guaranteed to have a great night out).
reel picture house belives in serving reel, locally sourced food.
When you come to reel picture house not only can you be sure of an excellent evening's entertainment with quality food and beverages available, but you'll also know we are supporting local businesses and cutting our food miles. Why go to the multiplexes in Braintree and Colchester when you can be with the grown ups?
There is ample parking (free after 6pm) right next to the village hall. Go past the library on Stoneham Street and turn left into Crouch End and the car park is behind the village hall.
- Wines: Red, White or Rose Wine available by the glass or bottle.
- Beers (from Red Fox) and Cider by the bottle
- Soft Drinks: including premium colas, traditional lemonade and ginger beer, to name but a few.
In additon some seasonal drinks will be available.
- reel Premium Hotdog: an extra long premium sausage served in crusty french bread with slow roasted onions. Eat it your own way with a choice of sauces and relishes free of charge.
- reel Cheese Board. Selection of three cheeses, served with fruit and a selection of biscuits.
- Ice cream and Sorbets In the best of cinema-going traditions a selection of ice creams are available during the intermission. Flavours will vary with season.
- Desserts A selection of home made cakes and chocolate are availlable.
Southern Screen Hire Ltd to find out about hiring equipment.
Would you like to reach your local Essex customers? Then advertise with reel picture house. We will create and show your advert on a loop for the first hour of opening. Our audience of 120 local customers are waiting to see your advert. Prices start from as little as £35 per performance. Speak to Victoria or Rhyanneth at one of our screenings to find out more.
Coggeshall is a beautiful small medieval market town between Braintree and Colchester. It has over 300 listed buildings and is a photographers paradise with it's chocolate box houses. It is North Essex's hidden gem. There are an number of independent shops in Coggeshall making it the ideal location if you are looking for that special gift that you don't want to find on every high street. With two national trust properties, Grange Barn and Paycockes House along with the picturesque St Peter ad Vincula church why not make a day of it and visit Coggeshall, rounding off with a film and a glass of wine. What more could you ask?